- Womens Weight Loss and Fitness Home Page
- Ways to Boost Your Metabolism
- Calorie Counting: Getting Back to Weight Loss Essentials
- Tips for Cardio Kick Boxing Weight Loss
- Interval Training: The Best Workout for Women
- Cardio for Weight Loss
- Cicuit Training: Get Those Pounds Off Today
- Weight Training for Women
- Using Your Mind to Lose Weight
- Women: How to Get Toned Thighs
- The Mathematics of Weight Loss
- Upper Body Exercise
- Staying Fit Over 40
- The Benefits of Flaxeed
- The Lemon Detox Diet
- Extraordinary Benefits of Cayenne Pepper
- What to Eat for Healthy Skin
- Aromatherapy: Basics and Benefits
- Colon Cleanse: What Are the Benefits?
- Get Clean Skin the Right Way: Five Easy Steps
- The Right Diet For Healthy Hair
- Controling Anxiety
Ten Great Reasons to Colon Cleanse
Explore the benefits in the article below and choose for yourself.
Ten Great Reasons to Use a Colon Cleanse ProductAuthor: Kevin Agrawal
For most of us, colon health is generally a neglected issue. Most of us find it uncomfortable to engage in conversations about colon cleansing. It’s just not polite conversation. Medical science suggests that about 85% of Americans suffer from intestinal problems. Problems that could be avoided by taking proper care of the colon. Despite it being an unpopular conversation topic, the colon is one of the most important eliminatory organs of the human body.
Because colon health is not commonly discussed, educating ourselves about this topic can greatly increase our awareness of this sometimes embarrassing, but critically important health concern. Colon function enhances the health of almost every other organ in the body. Supporting colon health can significantly improve the overall health of the entire body. It is said that 80% of immune health depends on our digestive system which includes the colon.
It is therefore important to take care of your colon. A good way is by using a colon cleanser regularly. A good colon cleansing program will flush waste and toxins from the body, assisting the eliminatory organs such as the kidneys, liver and bowels to function more efficiently.
By the time food reaches the colon most of the absorption of nutrients has already taken place. It is mainly fiber that reaches the colon. Healthy bacteria called probiotics found in the colon act on the fiber (called prebiotics) and ferment it. This fermentation process produces nutrients called Short Chain Fatty Acids (SCFAs). SCFAs are very vital to the entire body. They not only help to nourish colon cells but also play a role in regulating glucose and cholesterol levels in the body, besides other secondary functions.
Here are ten great reasons you should use a colon cleanse product regularly.
- Colon Cleansing Helps to Relieve Constipation and other Gastrointestinal Disorders.1 Colon cleansing removes built up waste matter from the body. Constipation occurs when food remains in the colon for too long allowing excess absorption of fluids from waste causing it to become hard and dry.
Constipation can result in headaches, backaches, bloating cramping, gas, mood swings, fatigue and chronic constipation can lead to more serious health conditions such as IBS, Crohn’s disease, or even colon cancer.2
- Colon Cleansing Can Assist Your Body in the Restoration of Healthy Microflora. Colon cleansing kills pathogens by restoring a healthy microflora to the intestines. Pathogens, or harmful bacteria, are unable to grow and dominate the digestive system where there is healthy microflora.
- Colon Cleansing Can Help to Relieve Diarrhea: Colon cleansing restores the pH balance in the intestines allowing proper digestion of nutrients from the food we eat. Diarrhea results when transit time of food in the body is too short because of an imbalance in the pH level. If you suffer from persistent diarrhea, it is most likely that your digestive tract is not absorbing nutrients from the food that you eat, because transit time is short. This may lead to poor general health of the immune system.
- Colon Cleansing Can Help to Improve Digestion and Absorption of Nutrients. Restoring the pH balance helps in the digestion of nutrients. Many enzymes are unable to function in a high-alkaline an environment thus the proper digestion and absorption of nutrients does not take place. Our bodies are robbed of nutrients although we may be eating a healthy diet.
- Colon Cleansing Helps to Restore Peristalsis. Peristalsis is the normal muscular contractions that help stools to move through the digestive system and out of the body. Colon cleansing can help promote natural peristalsis and bowel regularity.
- Colon Cleansing Can Help to Flush Toxins from the Body.3 Colon cleansing helps remove toxins from the intestines. Our bodies are subject to high toxins levels due to pollution, stress, our poor dietary habits and the kinds of foods we eat. Processed food contains chemicals and preservatives. High intake of sugar in the diet, red meat, fatty foods can lead to excess toxins accumulation. Smoking, alcohol consumption, a sedentary lifestyle and low water intake all contribute to excessive toxin levels in the intestines. When the digestive system is not working properly, these toxins can pass through the intestinal walls and settle in fat deposits all over the body. Prolonged storage of toxins may result in a range of illnesses.
Toxins are removed from the intestines by fiber. Fiber has the ability to bind toxins to itself so that their absorption does not take place in the intestines.
- Colon Cleansing Can Assist Your Body in Regulating Its Cholesterol and Glucose Levels. The nutrients, SCFAs, produced in the colon by the action of probiotics on prebiotics, help the liver to produce more bile. Bile helps to break down cholesterol, thus regulating healthy cholesterol levels. Bile also helps in regulating normal blood sugar levels. It also helps in the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins.4,5
- Colon Cleansing May Help Protect Your Body from Infection and Reduce Inflammation. It also helps get rid of yeast infection in the colon.
- Colon Cleansing Can Improve Skin Health. Regular elimination of waste, clears your body of toxins thus clearing your blood from toxins, which may improve skin health. Colon cleansing has been used for treating acne.
- Colon Cleansing May Aid Your Body in Weight Loss. Colon cleansing has been noted to be effective in weight management. It is said to decrease hunger pangs, lower calorie intake of certain foods, and control lipid levels. 6,7,8,9
Many people experience extra energy, alertness, a sense of feeling lighter, less joint pains and have a feeling of overall general good health by using colon cleansers periodically. It is recommended that colon cleansers be used not more than two to four times a year.
Natural Detox BeneCleanse offers you an all natural, herbal 3-stage process for eliminating waste and toxins and nutritionally supporting colon health: